Environmental Engineer for Oil and Gas Project, Abu Dhabi
• Should have Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, like Earth Science or Environmental Studies, as well as adequate experience in their field
• Should have minimum 5 years in similar capacity
• Ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
• Capable of conducting experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
• Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, and sustainability
• Familiar with ENVID and incident investigation process
• Familiar with EMS audits and its reporting procedures.
• Familiar with use of environmental monitoring tools and assessment of chemical/environmental parameters
• Ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
• Ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
• Strong problem solving skills
• Able to function on multidisciplinary teams
• Good understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
• Capable of communicating effectively
• Required technical skills International environmental regulation as well as any new policies
• Computer modeling, digital mapping and Geographic Information Systems
• Monitor and ensure implementation of HSEMS.
• Implement and monitor performance of Environment Management System requirements
• Conduct Environment Aspect / Impact assessment for activities.
• Conduct Environmental awareness / training sessions.
• Reports to Environmental Superintendent on all project Environmental issues.
• Supports Environmental Officer and Project Manager in adherence to Environment Management Plans
• Performs incident and accident investigations and report findings back to Environmental
• Superintendent Reviews and monitors Environmental Officer s performance in projects.
• Assists and performs internal management system audits to monitor compliance with the company EMS
• Educational Qualifications & Certifications:
• B.Sc. in Environmental Science or any relevant field
• Technical certificates in Environment management
• Knowledge of International and Local applicable environmental laws and regulations
• Knowledge and understanding of the ISM Code, mandatory rules and regulation, applicable codes, guidelines and standards as appropriate.
• Develop and implement environmental monitoring programs to ensure full compliance with applicable emission and discharge standards
• Develop programs to manage air emission, wastewater discharge waste disposal and radiology.
• Implement waste management plans including develop and keep update waste inventory, waste containment and storage, and disposal, in accordance with local regulatory and corporate requirement.
• Develop and maintain environmental-related procedures as required for the conformance with relevant management standards, and compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Report environmental performance of the site to relevant stakeholders, including regulatory agencies, corporate, business partners and other interested parties.
• Provide environmental inputs and expert opinion to the management team, project team, business partners and other affected teams, as and when required.
• Facilitate environmental assurance, compliance or verification audits by regulatory agencies, business partners, and external parties
• Maintain professional liaison with stakeholders pertinent to the environmental matters.
• Monitor progress of environmental improvement programs.
• Inspect sour gas plant facilities and programs in order to evaluate operational effectiveness and ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
• Advise management about environmental policies and standards.
How to Apply?
Please send an email to [email protected]